Terms & Conditions
salihughesbeauty.com occasionally produces sponsored content, and this is clearly marked as such when it appears on the site. Our free-to-all-users forum and site cost a lot each year to host, our contributors need to be paid, our videos cost money and so on, and so commercial partnerships are essential in keeping us going. We turn things down constantly for all manner of reasons, even when that means a huge financial sacrifice.
In addition to sponsored content, our site also uses affiliate links to generate income for us. If you click on a link for a product you should assume that it’s an affiliate link and that if you make a purchase we will receive a small commission. We use this income to fund running costs and it has no bearing on whether or not a product makes it onto these pages – if we like it, we write about it regardless. If you don’t want to use an affiliate link, please open a new tab or window in your browser and do a search for the product there.
Most of the products we write about on the site are press samples. We receive press samples of pretty much all newly launched products, in common with many other journalists and bloggers. This enables us to test and review a huge variety of product, something that we simply couldn’t do if we had to purchase them all. Every product gets the same consideration, regardless of price or brand.
We sometimes run competitions or giveaways in conjunction with sponsored content, which is clearly marked as such. If a competition is not marked as sponsored content or advertising feature, we have received no payment, simply the prizes to give away.
This page, together with the pages referred to in it, tells you the terms and conditions by which you may make use of our website, www.salihughesbeauty.com, and our forum, forum.salihughesbeauty.com — “Our Sites” — whether as a registered user or as a guest. Use of Our Sites includes browsing, accessing or registering for use. This page also includes our Acceptable Use Policy, which tells you what sort of contributions to Our Sites are acceptable and what actions we may take when they are unacceptable.
In addition to our terms of website use, you will find below a copy of our privacy, acceptable use and cookie policies.
This website (www.salihughesbeauty.com) and the forum (forum.salihughesbeauty.com) is owned and operated by Admin Shed Productions Ltd (“Us”, “We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8334273 and have our registered office at 14 Upper Church Street, Chepstow, Monmouthshire NP16 5EX, United Kingdom. We are a limited company.
You may contact us by writing to the above address, or by emailing email@example.com.
We are a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
Changes to Our Sites
We may add or update the content on Our Sites at any time. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. Where content goes out-of-date we are under no obligation to update it.
We will never update content you have submitted without your permission unless it is deemed unacceptable under our Acceptable Use Policy or where required to by law.
Accessing Our Sites
Our Sites are made available to you free of charge over the Internet using a suitable browsing device and Internet connection, which you must provide.
We do not guarantee that Our Sites, or any content on them, will always be available. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Our Sites without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Our Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period.
Your account and password
If you register for or you are provided with a user identification code or login, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than yourself knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and change your password by logging into the appropriate Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our Sites and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) from Our Sites for your personal use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our Sites must always be acknowledged.
Fair-use copying as defined in law is not affected by the above paragraph.
You must not use any part of the content of Our Sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us and our licensors.
No reliance on information
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Our Sites is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The content of Our Sites is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Users of Our Sites should be aware that absolute and exact colour matches are impossible and what you see on your screen may not accurately match real-world colours.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our Sites or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of or inability to use Our Sites; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on Our Sites.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our Sites or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of third party websites linked from Our Sites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsements by Us of those linked websites or the services available through them. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of any such third party website.
Contributing and uploading to Our Sites
Whenever you make use of any feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy which appears below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to Our Sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you contribute to Our Sites then you automatically grant Us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose except where that information is reasonably considered Personally Identifiable Information submitted for the purpose or administering your account on Our Sites (e.g. email addresses).
You automatically grant us the right to disclose your identity to any third party who reasonably claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our Sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. You agree to indemnify Us against such claims.
We have the right to modify or remove any content you submit to Our Sites if in Our sole opinion such content does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
We are not responsible nor liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of Our Sites.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent Our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from ‘bugs’ or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology equipment, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. We strongly recommend that you use your own virus protection software, and you should do so.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, ‘trojans’, ‘worms’, ‘logic bombs’ or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990; we would take such an event very seriously and will report breaches to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities as fully as possible, disclosing your identity and all other relevant information to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Certain links to third party sites are affiliate links and should you make a purchase from the third party we may receive a small commission.
We have no responsibility, liability or control over the content of such sites or resources. The existence of such links does not constitute an endorsement by us of any such site or resource. Any correspondence or enquiry regarding a third party link or resources should be sent to the relevant provider.
APPLICABLE LAW AND LEGAL PROVISIONS
Please note that these terms of website use, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. If you are a consumer, you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Our site is not directed at those in any jurisdiction where the availability or publication of our site is prohibited for whatever reason.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Changes to these terms
We may change these terms of website use at any time by amending this page. If we do this, we will draw this to your attention by posting a note on our homepage. If any changes are made, please read them as they are binding on you.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take this very seriously. Our aim is to build a relationship of trust with users of Our Sites.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand what data we collect and when, how process and store your data, and your rights to view and correct data about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Admin Shed Productions Ltd of 14 Upper Church Street, Chepstow, Monmouthshire NP16 5EX, and the nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Debra Brock.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Sites (www.salihughesbeauty.com and forum.salihughesbeauty.com). This may include (but is not limited to) information provided at the time of registering to use Our Sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason then we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Your IP address, operating system and browser type
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will never knowingly collect the personal information of anyone under the age of eighteen (18) without first obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian. Site users under the age of 18 should not provide information to us. If we become aware that a person aged 17 or under has provided personal information, we will remove it from our files.
Site users under the age of 18 are forbidden from joining our forum or making contributions to it.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Should we at any time form part of a company group structure, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Admin Shed Productions Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use (above) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety Admin Shed Productions Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 (or any other such limit as may be determined from time to time by the Information Commissioner’s Office) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets out the terms between you and Us under which you may access and contibute to Our Sites, which includes www.salihughesbeauty.com and forum.salihughesbeauty.com. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of and visitors to our site.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our site (Contributions) and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit as well as the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any other country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote or contain sexually explicit material;
- promote violence or contain violent material;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion or belief, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be made in breach of a court order or injunction preventing such publication
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening or abusive;
- invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You must not use our site in the following ways:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm children or vulnerable people in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards above;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (known as spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains a virus, ‘trojan’, ‘worm’, ‘time-bomb’, keystroke logger, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use (above).
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our Sites, including, without limitation:
- comments on our articles;
- customer review pages;
- user forums (e.g. forum.salihughesbeauty.com);
- bulletin boards;
- chat rooms.
Where we do provide any such interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We endeavour to assess possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use interactive services provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in consideration of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user whether in contravention of our content standards or not and whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a child is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian where such use by a child is allowed. Children are forbidden from joining our forum or making contributions to it. We advise parents, guardians or those with similar such caring responsibilities who permit children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with the child(ren) about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Children who use any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Suspension and termination
At such time as we become aware of a breach or possible breach of this Acceptable Use Policy the we will determine at our discretion whether such a breach has taken place through your use or Our Sites. When We determine a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred then we at our sole discretion may take such action as we deem appropriate, which may include any or all of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Sites;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Sites;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate for contributions and for any breaches of the sprit of this Acceptable Use Policy even if not explicitly stated.
Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. We will endeavour to notify you from the front page of the Website. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, which are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on Our Sites.